[c-nsp] Bridging T1s together on PA-MC-T3

Nick Voth nvoth at estreet.com
Tue Sep 13 11:10:27 EDT 2011

Folks,

I'm hoping this is easy/obvious question, but I've looked around and can't
find the config I'm looking for.

I have several channelized DS3s coming in and terminating on PA-MC-T3 cards.
I use those for regular "ppp" T1 circuits out to client sites.

I now have the need to "bridge" 2 client sites together, and am wondering if
there's a way to bridge 2 individual T1 circuits together on one DS3 card.

The 2 client sites don't need access to our LAN or Internet. This would
literally be a private line connection between the 2 sites, with us in the
middle bridging them together.

The client's Internet access is totally separate from this proposed
solution.

I know I can have the local telco just do a point-to-point circuit between
the 2 client sites, but then we wouldn't have any visibility for up/down
monitoring, etc.

Any advice would really help.

Thanks,

-Nick Voth