[c-nsp] ZBFW and DHCP

Andrew Jones Andrew.Jones at alphawest.com.au
Wed Sep 14 00:59:36 EDT 2011

obvious question, but is DHCP passed in the service policy?

ie :

ip access-list extended al-dhcp
 remark Permit DHCP Clients to be allocated an address by the router
 permit udp any any eq bootpc
 permit udp any any eq bootps

class-map type inspect match-all cm-dhcp
 match access-group name al-dhcp

policy-map type inspect pm-dhcp
 class type inspect cm-dhcp
  pass

zone-pair security zp-untrusted-self source zo-untrusted destination self
service-policy type inspect pm-dhcp

you may need to reverse the acl so that it allows DHCP both ways, as this is to allow the router to serve DHCP.

ie

permit udp any eq bootpc any

Cheers,

Andrew Jones