[c-nsp] BGP neighbor route-map or prefix-list ?

Scott Granados scott at granados-llc.net
Fri Sep 16 10:17:51 EDT 2011

Honestly, community tags might be the best in combination with route maps.

Something like

route-map transit-out perm 10
match community 15
yada yada yada

The basic answer to your question though as far as I know is that this
should be fine.  You would be using the route-map to control your
announcements so no need for the prefix list statement as long as you have
the appropriate match mechanism encased in your route-map.