[c-nsp] ASR-1001 bgp memory usage

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Wed Sep 21 08:30:52 EDT 2011

On Wednesday, September 21, 2011 04:13:21 PM Christian
Kratzer wrote:

> show versions shows this beast has 4GB memory of which
> the IOS process seems to use 1G

I think it was Robert who reported something about this a
couple of weeks back. We've seen similar behaviour in IOS XR
systems.

We haven't deployed the ASR1001's yet, but are you running
the IOS software redundancy feature? If so, see if disabling
it helps. We don't run this feature on the single-RP systems
we run (ASR1002's), as it just eats up too much memory and
isn't worth the resulting pain.

Cheers,

Mark.