[c-nsp] ASR-1001 bgp memory usage

Christian Kratzer ck-lists at cksoft.de
Wed Sep 21 11:35:07 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Wed, 21 Sep 2011, Mark Tinka wrote:

> On Wednesday, September 21, 2011 04:13:21 PM Christian
> Kratzer wrote:
>
>> show versions shows this beast has 4GB memory of which
>> the IOS process seems to use 1G
>
> I think it was Robert who reported something about this a
> couple of weeks back. We've seen similar behaviour in IOS XR
> systems.
>
> We haven't deployed the ASR1001's yet, but are you running
> the IOS software redundancy feature? If so, see if disabling
> it helps. We don't run this feature on the single-RP systems
> we run (ASR1002's), as it just eats up too much memory and
> isn't worth the resulting pain.

I have not had a lot of luck reading the documentation to find out
how to check if I am running with dual IOS processes. I assume not
from what I see currently.

How would I go about giving the IOS process more memory and how
would I know how much the other processes need.

Greetings
Christian

--
Christian Kratzer                      CK Software GmbH
Email:   ck at cksoft.de                  Wildberger Weg 24/2