[c-nsp] Monitoring Internet Reachability w/ ASA

Jeff Cartier Jeff.Cartier at pernod-ricard.com
Tue Sep 27 08:26:17 EDT 2011

Hi Guys,

Just a general question to the group on how one monitors Internet availability/reachability via an ASA.

The scenario right now is we have a number of offices with Internet feeds (primarily DSL/Cable/T1) connected to ASAs and we have the goal of being able to monitor if the Internet connected to the ASA is UP or DOWN.  My first thought was to configure an IP SLA and monitor the reachability of an upstream IP; however, all documentation I've read suggests that the ASA doesn't support the SLA MIBs yet.  So I won't be able to use SNMP to track its availability.

Just throwing the feeler out there for comments.

Thanks everyone.

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail contains proprietary information some or all of which may be legally privileged.  It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail.  If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail.

This message has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses, Spam, and Explicit Content.