[c-nsp] Cisco 6509 sup2 NVRAM corrupted..

Brandon Ewing nicotine at warningg.com
Tue Apr 3 09:48:58 EDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 01:37:38PM +0530, Ambedkar wrote:
> Hi,
> I am having a  Cisco 6509 sup-2 switch which is booting properly. When i
> diagnose it says NVRAM area is corrupted and initializing to default
> values. Every time i need to boot manually.
>
> Any solution regarding the NVRAM.
>
> Where can i find the NVRAM on the supervisor board, is there any chance to
> replace with new NVRAM memory.
>
> Thanks
> Bye
> Ambi.

First thing I'd do is replace the watch battery that's on the board -- a
dead battery can cause this issue as well.

I don't know the type of battery on a Sup2 off the top of my head, but you
should be able to get one from your local electronics store.

--
Brandon Ewing                                        (nicotine at warningg.com)