[c-nsp] Embedded hash not found

Łukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Thu Apr 5 17:56:11 EDT 2012

On 2012-04-05 23:27, Brault, Ryan wrote:
> I ran into the same thing a few weeks back with the same hardware,
 > same version, different feature-set - 1841, 12.4(25f), IP Base.
 > I figured it was corrupt as well.  Verified file size, MD5, etc.
 > All checked out except the embedded hash.  Reloaded the box and
 > all is well.

The reason for such behavior is simply a bug. Not going into details,
the function printing the message doesn't always do it's job right,
because of various dependencies.

In the 12.4/12.4T images it surfaced in different versions of
the code.

It was fixed in 12.4T train in 12.4(15)T17. It can also be found in
12.2SX and 12.2SR images, but again was fixed in 12.2(33)SXI and
12.2(33)SRD6 respectively.

If the MD5 hash matches the one on CCO - you're on the right track.

--
"There's no sense in being precise when |               Łukasz Bromirski
  you don't know what you're talking     |      jid:lbromirski at jabber.org
  about."               John von Neumann |    http://lukasz.bromirski.net