[c-nsp] 7600 AtoM mpls issue

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Fri Apr 6 11:16:56 EDT 2012

Hi,

(copying in cisco-nsp again, as I assume that someone else will eventually
have the same problem and want to research the answer)

On Fri, Apr 06, 2012 at 08:24:38AM -0400, Chris Lane wrote:
> yep its single ethernet port, ~ i looked up Mux-UNI ~ trying that but oddly
> now the vlan i am using when adding encapsulation dot1q on sub int is
> REJECTED Vlan x not available.
> Yet Vlan x is UP in sh vlan brief...
> :-(
>
> why would it not be available?

The VLAN must not be configured as "vlan 3000" in the config - so if
you see anything at "show vlan id 3000", get rid of it with "no vlan 3000"
first.

Caveat of that platform, vlan identifiers must be unique across the chassis,
and if it's used as switched vlan, it is not available for routed or EoMPLS
subif.

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de