[c-nsp] ASA and Layer 2 transparent VPN

Christopher J. Wargaski wargo1 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 01:20:47 EDT 2012

Greetings--

   I have been asked to determine the feasibility of creating a site to
site VPN with a PIX-515E and an ASA-5505 and allow VLAN to traverse the
VPN. In my research, I have seen reference to a Layer 2 Transparent VPNs
configured on these type of devices but have not found any configuration
guides or suggestion.

   I know the best practices and why one should segment networks. So with
out regard for if this is a good idea or not, does someone have any
suggestions, papers or URLs they could recommend?

cjw