[c-nsp] C3550-12T - Gig copper ports won't link at 1Gb

graham graham at g-rock.net
Sun Apr 15 20:11:40 EDT 2012

Thanks everyone for the replies. I have verified the cable and as much
physical as possible; I have it linked to other 1Gb ports on other switches
just fine.  It's decent 5e straight-through cabling. But will return
tomorrow with new cabling.

Jeff Kell mentioned the "speed auto" command. I will try that as well.

Peter R, I will try that IOS load if I can't make any progress - but with
you, I am thinking that I need to 100% confirm that physical is 100%.

-graham