[c-nsp] 15.2(2)S issues on 7600/SUP720

Jason Lixfeld jason at lixfeld.ca
Wed Apr 25 14:58:19 EDT 2012

I'm testing 15.2(2)S on a couple of 7600/SUP720 combos and I've experienced some odd behaviour and I'm curious about whether  or not anyone else has seen this.   It's been really hard to reproduce, but it does happen once in a while, so I'm hoping similar experiences might give me some TAC ammo.

Basically, at certain points in time, anything config related seems to hang for an indefinite period of of time before it will spit out the expected output:

show run
show run | [i | e | s | etc...]
write t

Sometimes it hangs for minutes, sometimes hours.  Other times it's instantaneous, as expected.  It doesn't seem to be CPU related and it doesn't seem to throw any logging messages.

Anyone seen anything similar in their testing?