[c-nsp] Nexus 7k BGP Redistribute into EIGRP

Skeeve Stevens skeeve+cisconsp at eintellego.net
Fri Apr 27 19:38:21 EDT 2012

Thanks Tim,

I will mention it to the customer.  I don't know Nexus software releases,
but you are clearly right.  The customer is extremely nervous about their
7k and getting them to upgrade it at the moment will be nigh impossible,
but at least we would have raised it.

The BGP issue was sorted out when I found the obscure command in the
route-map (that was required) which was to tag the route internal or
external.... then it worked.  Apparently this is in the docs somewhere, but
not having worked with Nexus layer 3 before, it took a while to find.  And
why the TAC didn't see that... well, that is the Cisco Kazakhstan staff for
you (BGP - I LIKE!)

...Skeeve

*Skeeve Stevens, CEO*
eintellego Pty Ltd
skeeve at eintellego.net ; www.eintellego.net <http://www.eintellego.net.au>

Phone: 1300 753 383 ; Fax: (+612) 8572 9954

Cell +61 (0)414 753 383 ; skype://skeeve

facebook.com/eintellego

twitter.com/networkceoau ; www.linkedin.com/in/skeeve

PO Box 7726, Baulkham Hills, NSW 1755 Australia

The Experts Who The Experts Call
Juniper - Cisco – Brocade - IBM