[c-nsp] 6VPE deployment Issue (Core router need configure IPv6 address or not?)

Aaron aaron1 at gvtc.com
Wed Aug 1 16:45:57 EDT 2012

My understanding is...

P router isn't seen in vpvn4, unless on trace route because of ttl
propagate....you can disable it and make the mpls core invisible

I recall someone (Pshem) telling me that for 6vpe the address family for
vpnv6 needs to be enabled on pe's (6vpe neighbors you choose to do 6vpe
with) (and route reflector if you choose to have one)

Traces and pings from ce to ce I don't believe by design of mpls l3vpn's (4
or 6) are supposed to see core.

Don't know much about qos, but be aware of single label situation where php
causes exp bits to be lost prior to pe arrival... your case(s) of l3vpn's
vpnv4/6 shouldn't apply since the have stacked labels.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk828/technologies_q_and_a_item09186a00800a4
3f5.shtml#wp27407

Hu please check me on all this as I'm fairly new to this myself.  I'm at the
beginnings of my 6vpe deployment too.  This community is so knowledgeable
that I will look for others to confirm or deny my understandings and then
grow from it.

Aaron