[c-nsp] remove spanning-tree without being service effecting

Boštjan Fele jnovak123 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 11:05:16 EDT 2012

Hi,

You should consider bpdu filter under interface.that one disables sending and filters received bpdu.

Why are actually disabling mst before shut down of the link? Mst Spanning tree only reacts on link up events. So bringing down a link should not be service affecting.

Bostjan

James Urwiller <jurwiller at americanbb.com> wrote:

I have a MSTP ring that I want to remove spanning-tree all together, and
manually shut down my "dead" link. How can I remove or disable
spanning-tree without driving to each site? If I use the commands
"spanning-tree bpdufilter" or "spanning-tree bpduguard" they both
err-disable the port; which would cause my connectivity to the switch to
go down. I also use the command "spanning-tree portfast trunk" if I do
that command first before the bpduguard/filters will it not err-disable
the port??

Is there a better way to go about this??

James Urwiller

Lead Internet Services Technician / Network Engineer

CCNA 11567125

American Broadband

402-426-6257 - Office

402-278-1875 - Cell