[c-nsp] Loop/Unreachable problem with C6500/SUP720

Tim Densmore tdensmore at tarpit.cybermesa.com
Wed Aug 8 14:03:42 EDT 2012

On 8/8/2012 10:29 AM, Xu Hu wrote:
> If yes, it is a normal behaviour.

Hi,

Can you explain in what circumstance this would be normal?  IIRC, OSPF
has an AD of 110 and iBGP 200, so even if the routes weren't known via
connected, how would they randomly compete for space in the FIB?  I
don't have OSPF or BGP running on any SVIs, so this is an honest
question, not snarkiness, since I may find myself in this scenario in
the not too distant future, albeit on 7600s rather than 6500s.  Pointers
to docs would be great.

Thanks,

TD