[c-nsp] ASR9K limitations

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Sun Aug 12 12:16:33 EDT 2012

On Friday, June 29, 2012 07:39:06 PM Florian Lohoff wrote:

> The only bug we have had so far was IPv6 native going
> down on an interface when looping externally e.g. DWDM
> transport and not getting back up until ipv6 is removed
> from and added to the interface again. We monitor IPv6
> interface operational state seperately since that event.
> Reason is a failed Duplicat Adress Detection which is
> not retried after shut/no shut or link state change.

Hit that one too - it's an IOS XR issue, not so much an
ASR9000 one, as we run into it on the CRS.

Last I heard from Cisco is that it is likely expected
behaviour because the RFC implies the same, i.e., DAD
conflicts are not cleared automatically (I'll be honest, I
haven't verified this claim in the RFC itself).

That said, Cisco have a command to fix this issue
interactively:

	clear ipv6 duplicate address

Mark.