[c-nsp] ASR9K limitations

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Mon Aug 13 04:16:38 EDT 2012

On Sunday, August 12, 2012 07:57:04 PM Mikael Abrahamsson
wrote:

> Best way is to just disable DAD on core point to point
> interfaces.
>
> This issue has been there for a long time, and I'm not
> sure exactly what behaviour Cisco should go for, but
> disabling DAD on core interfaces is definitely a sure
> way to go.

Not a bad idea, except that there have been cases where
circuits to customers have been extended across DWDM.
Granted, these would also tend to be point-to-point in
nature, but not necessarily core-facing.

Besides, like IOS and IOS XE, Juniper doesn't have this
issue, so they're clearly interpreting the RFC a different
way.

Mark.