[c-nsp] WAN PHY and OTN(G.709) modes

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Wed Aug 29 06:16:33 EDT 2012

On Wed, 29 Aug 2012, Saku Ytti wrote:

> But you can get similar functionality and more from EOAM regardless of
> framing.

Does EOAM detect errors on a link with very little traffic?

Anyhow, on for instance ASR9k we get this:

Configuration Mode: WAN Mode
SECTION
   LOF = 13, LOS = 7, BIP(B1) = 8980
LINE
   AIS = 0, RDI = 25, FEBE = 1241369229, BIP(B2) = 43028956
PATH
   AIS = 0, RDI = 0, FEBE = 45308, BIP(B3) = 2558
   LOP = 0, NEWPTR = 0, PSE = 0, NSE = 0
WIS ALARMS
   SER = 13, FELCDP = 0, FEAISP = 30
   WLOS = 7, PLCD = 0
   LFEBIP = 1241369229, PBEC = 2558

So using this, you get bit error counters (counting all bits, not just
when there is a packet being sent), and you can also see FEBE (Far End Bit
Error), ie you can see both sides from one end.

If there was the possibility of running G.709 FEC on all interfaces as
well, I'd gladly do that. Anything that detects (and corrects) bit errors
on the link is good.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se