[c-nsp] UCS blade internal vlan fixed range ??

Jeffrey G. Fitzwater jfitz at Princeton.EDU
Thu Dec 6 11:48:20 EST 2012

We are looking at using the CISCO UCS blades but we have a problem with the vlan ID we have in use not available on the UCS blade.

Is there any way to change the internal VLAN range (3968 to 4048) that is fixed in in the USC blade code?

They fixed this problem for the NX-OS to allow it to be user defined so there is no conflict with existing vlan ID a customer may already be using.

Thanks for any help.

Jeff Fitzwater
OIT Network Systems
Princeton University