[c-nsp] CDP interoperability

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Mon Dec 10 10:54:44 EST 2012

On (2012-12-10 17:39 +0200), Aivars wrote:

>   vlan native on a trunk port, CDPs are sent with dot1q tag "1". vlan
>   dot1q tag native will also do the same trick.
>
>   What do you guys think? Is this a bug or a feature? Should it remain
>   as it is?

I've always viewed it as bug. Luckily I think Cisco won't tag LLDP so maybe
you can migrate there.

LLDP has bit disappointing qualities. You can have perfectly standard
compliant LLDP implementation which will give you no clue about your
neighbour at all. I would have loved if LLDP would expect that any
neighbour which implements SNMP must send its sysName and ifIndex.

--
  ++ytti