[c-nsp] Copper SFP with ME3600X

Lobo lobotiger at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 14:12:52 EST 2012

Hi everyone.  Been having a hard time trying to get a copper SFP to work
on our ME-3600X-24TS-Ms.  According to Cisco documentation, the GLC-T
SFP is supposed to be supported on one of the fiber ports. However every
Cisco SFP we've tried always spits back an error message:

Switch#

*Dec  6 19:48:30.448: %PHY-4-SFP_NOT_SUPPORTED: The SFP in Te0/1 is not
supported

*Dec  6 19:48:30.448: %PM-4-ERR_DISABLE: gbic-invalid error detected on
Te0/1, putting Te0/1 in err-disable state

Switch#

Has anyone had any success with trying to use these on this platform?
Fiber based SFPs are fine so long as they're Cisco branded.  Are there
different versions of GLC-T that we may have the wrong type?

Thanks.

Jose