[c-nsp] CDP interoperability

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Mon Dec 10 14:39:08 EST 2012

On Mon, 2012-12-10 at 19:42 +0100, Andriy Bilous wrote:
> Seen the same with CDP on ISR G2 with 15.0M - they've sent CDP frames
> in every subinterface. It IS annoying.

I tried playing around a little and discovered that the neighbor will
see all the subinterfaces regardless of their encapsulation or if
they're belonging to dot1Q VLANs that do not exist on the switch. This
probably means that the LLDP frames are actually untagged but that
subinterfaces also generate these.

I almost think it's a little neat that you can then see IP addresses
from all the VLANs on a trunk, not just the lowest numbered as with CDP.

It can be disabled with "no lldp transmit" on the subinterface. Time to
update templates it seems. :-)

--
Peter