[c-nsp] Sanely leaking a locally sourced default route from one VRF into another

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Tue Dec 11 11:56:48 EST 2012

On (2012-12-11 11:17 -0500), Jason Lixfeld wrote:

> The issue now is that I have vrf resi that I need to anchor to this edge-facing PE router and vrf resi needs access to the world via vrf inet too.  The other devices inside vrf resi could be considered managed CEs for all intents and purposes.  These managed CEs speak ISIS to the PEs, so I use default-information originate inside the ISIS process in vrf resi to give the CEs a clue.

Maybe you could import some other route to desi and in desi have static
default route this address. Hopefully the default will then recurse and go
to the other VRF for another lookup.
But frankly, I don't think even this will work locally, I think you have to
have remote next-hop

In JunOS you could give desi default route next-table to use for lookup,
which would do the trick.

--
  ++ytti