[c-nsp] Sanely leaking a locally sourced default route from one VRF into another

Adam Vitkovsky adam.vitkovsky at swan.sk
Wed Dec 12 04:36:14 EST 2012

> I've leaked the default from inet into resi using a combination of 'import
route-target' statements and 'import map' statements on the PEs as required.
I believe the easiest solution is as follows.
On the RR PE that originates the default route configure vrf resi.
Than create a static default route in that vrf resi and for the next hop,
use the interface that points to internet and IP of the eBGP neighbor (you
can use tracking next-hop and floating static backup default route).
Than advertise the static via MP-BGP to all other PEs with vrf resi.

There should be a mechanism to accomplish extranet vpn on destination PEs as
well -but I'm not sure how would I accomplish that.
We should be looking for some articles regarding extranet vrfs
I'd love to hear any ideas.

adam