[c-nsp] Working Verizon ADSL Config?

chris tknchris at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 09:54:06 EST 2012

just for the archives, that config you linked seems to be just connecting
to a verizon adsl modem in bridge mode then doing pppoe

i was more after the ability to plug dsl line directly into an adsl wic and
do everything in ios without any verizon equipment, i was able to get this
to work after some tinkering

when we initially setup with the vz provided modem, it forced us to go
through a wizard which had us make a "verizon" account, which i figured out
in the end is the actual ppp account

relevant parts:

interface ATM0/0/0
 no ip address
 load-interval 30
 no atm ilmi-keepalive
 dsl operating-mode auto
 hold-queue 224 in
!
interface ATM0/0/0.1 point-to-point
 description Logical PPPoE
 pvc 0/35
  pppoe-client dial-pool-number 1
 !
!
interface Dialer1
 mtu 1492
 ip address negotiated
 encapsulation ppp
 ip tcp adjust-mss 1452
 dialer pool 1
 keepalive 2
 ppp authentication pap callin optional
 ppp chap refuse
 ppp pap sent-username VZUSER password 0 VZPASS
!

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 dialer 1