[c-nsp] Moving Routing from 7206VRX to 6509-E

Chuck Church chuckchurch at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 12:04:19 EST 2012

If you could summarize what features you're using on the 7200, or even a
small sampling of the more important/interesting commands, the list could
probably summarize how difficult it would be to migrate from one to the
other.  Keep in the mind they're totally different devices.  The 7200 uses a
CPU for everything, and is very flexible.  The 6500 needs everything to
happen in ASICs, and there are a lot of caveats (though the 2T is better).
Migrating your QOS will most likely be the most painful.  I wouldn't sweat
the DFC issue too much, the 2T is worlds faster in any mode than a 7200, as
long as the caveats are followed.

Chuck