[c-nsp] Loss of snmp information

Mike mike-cisconsplist at tiedyenetworks.com
Sun Dec 16 19:28:24 EST 2012

Hi,

	I have a back end tool that uses snmp to tromp thru my 7201 and to
assemble a list of pppoe sessions and map these to user names, the
assigned ip address, and the mac address of the remote user.

	This worked great in 12.2.33SRD8. But theres a crash bug in that, so I
am now on SRE7. The specfic issue is that the snmp table 'cefAdjEncap' -
on the old software - would contain the mac address of every interface,
virtual or not, and it is this that my script would use to derive that
'virtual-access 522' had remote mac of xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx. But in SRE7,
this table now only lists the mac addresses for physical interfaces and
omits completely all of my virtual-access intefaces with the customers
on them.

	Does anyone know of another snmp table I might consult to get this
information? My only other option seems to be to code some expect script
to log into the router and do a sh pppoe session all and parse the
output. Surely there has to be some way to get this information without
going that route?

Mike-