[c-nsp] N7K with FEX - Port-Channel Load Distribution

Tóth András diosbejgli at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 10:34:16 EST 2012

Hi Oliver,

Verify the port-channel load-balance configuration and make sure it's set
to dest-ip-port or try out other options for more granular distribution of
traffic. The default load-balancing mode for Layer 3 interfaces is the
source and destination IP address. The load-balance configuration needs to
be done in the default VDC.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/5_x/nx-os/interfaces/configuration/guide/if_portchannel.html

After changing the load-balance method to include L4 ports, you could run
multiple iterations of iperf which will by default use a random source port
so you can check if traffic is hashed to multiple links.

Best regards,
Andras