[c-nsp] Cisco TAC successfully disappoints again

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Wed Dec 19 12:07:16 EST 2012

On Wed, 19 Dec 2012, Jon Lewis wrote:

> I'd say it sounds like you've run into a known bug serious enough that
> TAC's been told not to say anything about it other than "known bug,
> nothing to see here" until cisco gets around to doing an official
> security advisory and has gotten the fix out to all the larger customers
> they care about [more than you].

Not necessarily. I've hit numerous times the past year where bugs (not
security related) have *extensive* internal Cisco documentation (as far as
I can deduce), but the public information is limited to (often wrong) 2
sentence description.

I'd say Cisco has changed policy regarding public bug information. I have
complained to support/account team, so far without any real answer.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se