[c-nsp] Cisco TAC successfully disappoints again

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Wed Dec 19 11:03:14 EST 2012

On Wed, 19 Dec 2012, Joe Maimon wrote:

> What exactly does Support mean? I just cannot believe the following fits the
> definition.
>
> Hello Joe,
>
> My name is J*** C**** and Im the manager of the Routing Protocols team
> within Cisco TAC. Im contacting you on behalf of J*** M***** who is the
> owner of this SR.
>
> After reviewing the case notes, I understand that youre hitting a known bug
> and J*** was able to share with you some details of it as it is an internal
> bug. Due to this situation, we can not disclose any additional details as we
> cant go against our policies, what I would like to suggest is in case you
> have an account team, feel free to contact them directly so they can help you
> with this request.
>
> Feel free to contact me in case you have any other concerns, and also please
> let us know how to proceed with this SR.

I'd say it sounds like you've run into a known bug serious enough that
TAC's been told not to say anything about it other than "known bug,
nothing to see here" until cisco gets around to doing an official security
advisory and has gotten the fix out to all the larger customers they care
about [more than you].