[c-nsp] recommendation for upgrade-paths pls

Harald Kapper hk at kapper.net
Wed Dec 19 21:54:01 EST 2012

Hi,
we're currently on 7206VXR with NPE-G2 and NPE-G1 on our network.

We need the following main features: IPv6+v4 dual-stack, Gigabit and multi-Gigabit speeds for our upstreams, full BGP-tables, broadband-aggregation (currently built on lots of C2851 and could be kept there for the time being) and the usual network-management-stuff.

We're planning for some upgrades. V6-dualstack is already in place and works, but for multigigabit-links and ddos-resilience we do lack some power.

I'd be happy to receive recommendations whether to go the ASR-1000 route or skip this and go directoy to 760x-systems (using which RSP/SUP?).

We do not care about ATM or similar things, we're an ethernet only shop, except for the DSL-access-services we do offer.

Thank you in advance,
Harald Kapper / kapper.net