[c-nsp] recommendation for upgrade-paths pls

Mick O'Rourke mkorourke at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 01:58:20 EST 2012

What are you Cisco SP account team suggesting?

I can't speak on the C2851 replacement side of things or the 760x, but I
can offer something small on 1k's as border\transit routers.

Price doesn't seem to be hugely different between the ESPs 10/20/40.

If your looking at multi-gig - at assume sub-rate 10GigE? - 9001's are
worth a good look at. The 9000v virtual blade thingy is a pretty cool
48x1GigE bolt on.

This document is a little old now (Feb 2012) yet it's an interesting BGP
update\read on the 7200 and 1K platforms
http://www.ciscoknowledgenetwork.com/files/195_Webinar_v4_.pdf?utm_source=&utm_medium=&utm_campaign=&PRIORITY_CODE=

Good luck.