[c-nsp] recommendation for upgrade-paths pls

Aled Morris aledm at qix.co.uk
Wed Dec 26 11:25:47 EST 2012

On 20 December 2012 02:54, Harald Kapper <hk at kapper.net> wrote:

> Hi,
> we're currently on 7206VXR with NPE-G2 and NPE-G1 on our network.
> [...]

I'd be happy to receive recommendations whether to go the ASR-1000 route or
> skip this and go directoy to 760x-systems (using which RSP/SUP?).

The ASR1000 isn't an inferior product to the 7600, in fact I'd say it was
superior in many applications.  The 7600 is really an old product now so
unless you need the port density (or you are looking for cheap, second user
hardware) an ASR1000 will be a better choice.

The ASR1k is a direct replacement for 7200.  For the high-end there is also
the ASR9k.

Aled