[c-nsp] VTP and shared medium

Victor Sudakov vas at mpeks.tomsk.su
Thu Dec 20 02:58:15 EST 2012

Colleagues,

I have several WS-C3560X-24P switches connected by dot1q trunks to a
shared medium: NEC's PASOLINK microwave system. This PASOLINK is
essentially configured as a big dumb transparent switch.

Is VTP supposed to work in such a configuration between the Catalysts?

I have configured a VTP domain and a VTP password on all the switches,
however changes to the vlan database and other VTP information are not
propagated to all the switches, or sometimes to some of the switches.

E.g. I have changed vtp version from 1 to 2 on one of the switches, it
did propagate only to some of the switches, and not to all of them.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
sip:sudakov at sibptus.tomsk.ru