[c-nsp] prioritize VoIP and Skype traffic in office routers

Chuck Church chuckchurch at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 11:30:07 EST 2012

Martin,

	It depends on your ISP connections.  If Ethernet, then it's probably
rate limited by ISP in one or both directions.  If so, plain prioritization
won't help alone, you'll need to police/shape yourself, but send the
VoIP/Skype first.  It's do-able.  If your circuits are T1 or something else
that is essentially line-rate to/from you, then prioritization alone will
work.  NBAR is good for VoIP, Skype I'm not so sure about, haven't tried it.
Changing the CEF load sharing won't have any effect.

Chuck