[c-nsp] ASR9K P router

Ghassan Khalil ghassan.khalil at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 07:51:53 EST 2012

Dears,
we are thinking of creating a new P layer in the MPLS core instead of
having all PEs meshed with each other. and I need to verify that this is a
valid design.

- the design consists of having all the PEs connected to the 2*ASR9K as
their P routers functioning as the route-reflectors.
- L2/L3 MPLS will be runing.
- The ASR9K P routers will be directly connected to 7606 Internet Gateway
Routers (IGR) for internet connectivity.

is their any concern that should be highlighted based on this ?
shall there be any good references for this type of designs please let me
know.

Thanks,
Ghassan