[c-nsp] ASR9K P router

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Wed Feb 8 08:26:54 EST 2012

On Feb 8, 2012, at 7:51 PM, Ghassan Khalil wrote:

> - The ASR9K P routers will be directly connected to 7606 Internet Gateway Routers (IGR) for internet connectivity.

The concern with 7600s is their NetFlow, uRPF, and ACL caveats - nothing to do with MPLS per se, but these are major concerns when attempting to use them as peering-/transit-edge routers.  I would recommend changing out the 7600s at the edge for ASR9Ks or some other platform which supports good NetFlow, ACLs, and uRPF at the edges.

	  Luck is the residue of opportunity and design.

		       -- John Milton