[c-nsp] Cisco's new 4500-X 10G Aggregation Switches

Simon Lockhart simon at slimey.org
Fri Feb 10 15:18:01 EST 2012

Did you read the datasheet?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps10902/ps12332/data_sheet_c78-696791.html

- IPv6 support in hardware, providing wired-network-rate forwarding for IPv6
  networks and support for dual stack with innovative resource utilization

- Dynamic hardware forwarding-table allocations for ease of IPv4-to-IPv6
  migration

122 Mpps routing for IPv6 compared to double that for IPv4.

Simon

On Fri Feb 10, 2012 at 03:07:43PM -0500, harbor235 wrote:
> I am sure it will do V6, but is the hardware optimized for V6?
> V6 hardware forwarding and TCAMs able to handle the tens of millions of
> routes
> expected. Perhaps there will be incremental updates so they can soak us
> thoroughly
>
> So, will it do V6 well is the real question?
>
> Mike
>

> 2012/2/10 ?ukasz Bromirski <lukasz at bromirski.net>
>
> > On 2012-02-10 19:58, Gert Doering wrote:
> >
> >  What about IPv6?
> >>

> > It's a Sup7E in a box. Expect the same features and caveats.
> >
> > --
> > "There's no sense in being precise when |               ?ukasz Bromirski
> >  you don't know what you're talking     |      jid:lbromirski at jabber.org
> >  about."               John von Neumann |    http://lukasz.bromirski.net

Simon Lockhart |   * Server Co-location * ADSL * Domain Registration *
   Director    |  * Domain & Web Hosting * Connectivity * Consultancy *
  Bogons Ltd   | *  http://www.bogons.net/  *  Email: info at bogons.net  *