[c-nsp] Nexus 7010 5.1 to 5.2 upgrade

Antonio Soares amsoares at netcabo.pt
Mon Feb 13 11:58:49 EST 2012

Hello group,

In order to support the new 2232PP FETs, I will need to upgrade a pair of
7010 running 5.1.3.

I'm reading the 5.2 release notes and the only important issue I see is the
OTV configuration that needs to be changed. The OTV Site Identifier is now
mandatory. I also found that is now mandatory to configure the default CoPP
policy:

**********
Apply the default CoPP policy.

Example:
switch(config)# copp profile strict

Upgrade to Cisco NX-OS 5.2(1) and later requires configuring the default
CoPP policy.

I have a pair of 7010 but just one is configured for OTV and also I only
have one RP in each box so I don't have ISSU support.

I'm looking for any caveats and limitations that you may have experienced. I
will upgrade to the recommended release 5.2.3a.

Thanks.

Regards,

Antonio Soares, CCIE #18473 (R&S/SP)
amsoares at netcabo.pt