[c-nsp] IPSEC Remote access to MPLS VPN

Ge Moua moua0100 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 04:04:22 EST 2012

We did all of the requirements you mentioned at the Univ of Minn.

As you mentioned, the documentation is out there but not nicely in one
area of Cisco CCO land.

You're looking down the right path with vrf-aware IPSec.  We
experimented with both flavors:
* full blown mpls/bgp/vrf (6VPE / 4VPE)
* vrf-lite

In the end we thought doing the vrf-lite option then mapping these to
6VPE / 4VPE mpls-bgp provided the best options for functionality &
config flexibility:
* well defined front-door vrf to inside-vrf mapping (native ip)
* native ip termination for front-door vrf (vs. 6vpe / 4vpe will be
ldp/mpls at front-door vrf & limited to default table unless you start
dealing with complexity of route-leaking RD/RT; violated KISS in my
opinion).

Contact me off-list and I'll share config exemplars for what you are
looking for.

--
Regards,
Ge Moua