[c-nsp] FWSM Throughput

Łukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Thu Feb 16 13:43:17 EST 2012

On 2012-02-16 19:35, Andrew Miehs wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just a quick question - the FWSM for the 6500 is rated at a throughput of 5.5Gbps.
>
> Does this mean a total of 5.5Gbps (my preference) or 11Gbps (5.5 each direction)?
> It would also be great if anyone has a cisco link for this.

It's a 5.5Gbit/s FD, but that's highly engineered scenario - 6
separate sessions, doing bulk transfer.

FWSM terminates internally on 6x1Gbit/s Etherchannel links, and
session setup takes a 'slow' path. You can find a lot about it in
this list archive and on the web - looking for Networkers/Live slides.

--
"There's no sense in being precise when |               Łukasz Bromirski
  you don't know what you're talking     |      jid:lbromirski at jabber.org
  about."               John von Neumann |    http://lukasz.bromirski.net