[c-nsp] automatic bgp route refresh

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Feb 22 04:11:31 EST 2012

On 02/21/2012 03:57 PM, Vinny_Abello at Dell.com wrote:
> I know this "feature" exists in 12.2(33)SXI4, but I believe it was
> more accurately classified as a bug and I *thought* it was fixed in a
> later release. I'd also like to hear if this is actually an intended

That is my recollection as well.

> change or just a regression. If intended, I'd like to know how to
> prevent this behavior as I don't want to trigger soft updates until
> I've finished modifying a route-map. It's very CPU intensive with a
> full table.

Even more so, it can be disastrous, causing traffic blackholing, if
you're editing communities or attributes required to "make things go"
and need to do this in a multi-step way e.g.

route map blah 10
   ! There's no "no set community 1:2", thanks IOS
   no set community
   ! oops a route refresh happens now I've sent all my routes
   ! with no community, and the community is necessary in this case

   ! a few seconds later...
   set community 1:3