[c-nsp] dot1q encapsulation over wan

Chris Breger cbreger at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 15:08:05 EST 2012

I need to extend a small number of VRFs between 2 DCs connected by Metro
Ethernet terminating on 6500s.  Currently I am using a routed interface to
route traffic between the sites with no VRF support.  I have no need extend
Vlans across the DC only route traffic between the VRFs.  I am trying to
determine the best option to add VRF support over this MetroE connection.
I am considering adjusting the interface to use dot1q encapsulation and
build sub-interface on the Ethernet interface which would be assigned to
specific VRFs.  I have used this model within the DCs but I am not sure if
it is the best method between remote locations.  Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris