[c-nsp] AnyConnect 3.x certificate auth prompts

Mick O'Rourke mkorourke at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 23:31:45 EST 2012

If your talking Windows 32 and 64bit I've had the same issues over the
years albeit it was by far the minority of machines that would have
problems:
- The easiest work-around in the end has been to use AnyConnect 2.3, 2.4
onwards to 3.x have all had the same result.
- Different result re: clicking cancel: No further prompt only denied
access.
- Have been able to re-produce the problem with IOS 12.4, 15.x and ASA 8.x
as the back-end
- YMMV but I haven't been able to re-produce on the 3.x Mac clients or
Linux be it the OpenConnect or AnyConnect clients.

Keen to know if you've found an answer to this.

Mick

For what it's worth my AnyConnect XML config:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<AnyConnectProfile xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/encoding/" xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/encoding/ AnyConnectProfile.xsd">
 <ClientInitialization>
<UseStartBeforeLogon UserControllable="true">false</UseStartBeforeLogon>
 <AutomaticCertSelection
UserControllable="true">false</AutomaticCertSelection>
<ShowPreConnectMessage>false</ShowPreConnectMessage>
 <ProxySettings>Native</ProxySettings>
<AllowLocalProxyConnections>true</AllowLocalProxyConnections>
 <AuthenticationTimeout>12</AuthenticationTimeout>
<AutoConnectOnStart UserControllable="true">true</AutoConnectOnStart>
 <MinimizeOnConnect UserControllable="true">true</MinimizeOnConnect>
<LocalLanAccess UserControllable="true">true</LocalLanAccess>
 <ClearSmartcardPin UserControllable="true">true</ClearSmartcardPin>
<AutoReconnect UserControllable="true">true
 <AutoReconnectBehavior
UserControllable="true">ReconnectAfterResume</AutoReconnectBehavior>
</AutoReconnect>
 <AutoUpdate UserControllable="true">true</AutoUpdate>
<RSASecurIDIntegration
UserControllable="true">Automatic</RSASecurIDIntegration>
 <WindowsLogonEnforcement>SingleLogon</WindowsLogonEnforcement>
<WindowsVPNEstablishment>AllowRemoteUsers</WindowsVPNEstablishment>
 <AutomaticVPNPolicy>false</AutomaticVPNPolicy>
<PPPExclusion UserControllable="false">Disable
 <PPPExclusionServerIP UserControllable="false"></PPPExclusionServerIP>
</PPPExclusion>
 <EnableScripting UserControllable="false">false</EnableScripting>
<EnableAutomaticServerSelection UserControllable="true">false
 <AutoServerSelectionImprovement>20</AutoServerSelectionImprovement>
<AutoServerSelectionSuspendTime>4</AutoServerSelectionSuspendTime>
 </EnableAutomaticServerSelection>
<RetainVpnOnLogoff>false
</RetainVpnOnLogoff>
 </ClientInitialization>