[c-nsp] ASA services module on Sup2T?

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Fri Feb 24 05:45:58 EST 2012

Hi,

We're trying to find out if the ASA services module is supported on the
Sup2T. Our guess it that it is, but the documentation isn't clear about
it. We found the following references:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps2797/ps11878/qa_c67-648478.html#wp9000260

The list says that the ASA module is supported, but the table underneath
doesn't mention it.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/15.0SY/release_notes.html#wp2565770

ASA services module not mentioned as supported in the 15.0SY release
notes.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/prod/collateral/modules/ps2706/ps11621/data_sheet_c78-672507.html#wp9000181

Does not list the Sup2T under "Supervisor Card" in "System
Requirements".

Since the FWSM does seem to be supported, I'd guess that the ASASM is
too. But maybe not in the current software releases.

Anybode have any hard facts about this?

--
Peter