[c-nsp] ASR9K MPLS basics

Ghassan.khalil ghassan.khalil at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 17:29:01 EST 2012

Hi Peter,
Sorry if am making this look I am relaying on the mail group to do the whole thing for me :)

Let me rephrase this and finish the argument. I am aware of the document you mentioned and I have used the document for the 4.0 release during my pre-implantation and tests on the same environment.
The problem is that an end-to-end  l3MPLs was not working between the ASR and the 7613 router where both are PEs.
I was sure that the 7613 is functioning as I already have customers connected to it within the MPLS cloud.
That's why I asked about basic MPLS implementation for the ASR9K.

Anyway I just managed to solve the case as in ASR rd of a vrf is configured in the bgp body.
When I globally configured a test vrf only an export/import route targets can be configured.
The vrf needs to he configured again within the bgp and specify the rd.

Sorry if my questions were generic before.

Ghassan