[c-nsp] high CPU usage when coyping to flash

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Sun Feb 26 04:14:04 EST 2012

hi,

its not just your 4900 device - somethings gone a little wierd
in cisco land since around the introduction of 3750 or 2960
devices too - as doing an eg 'archive download-sw ....' command
kills the switch performance for end user connected devices...
this never used to be the case with eg the 2950, 2970 or 3550 devices -
we could install new IOS firmware at any time and then reload out
of hours...we now have to upload the firmware out of hours too  :-|

alan