[c-nsp] MPLS TE conver from IOS to IOS-XR

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Sun Feb 26 23:04:54 EST 2012

On Monday, February 27, 2012 11:50:59 AM Xu Hu wrote:

> Did you ever encounter the OSPF hello
> interval problems in the IOS-XR? Before we used the
> IOS-XR, we run the OSPF in 7609, the ospf hello interval
> is msec, but now we cannot configure the msec in IOS-XR
> in ASR9K, one of my friends from recommend me to use the
> BFD to quick converge the network? Do you have any good
> ideas?

Well, we don't use OSPF (we're an IS-IS house), and I have
no experience with it on IOS XR.

But according to this link below, IOS XR 4.2 for the ASR9000
requires the 'hello-interval' OSPF command to specifiy the
value in seconds:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/asr9000/software/asr9k_r4.2/routing/command/reference/b_routing_cr42asr9k_chapter_0100.html#wp187107531

But I've also just checked a Cisco 7201 router running
12.2(33)SRE5, and it seems to have the value in seconds
also:

lab(config-if)#ip ospf hello-interval ?
  <1-65535>  Seconds

lab(config-if)#

Are you sure you're referring to the Hello Intervals? I know
millisecond values for OSPF timers would be possible for LSA
calculations, and this applies to both IOS and IOS XR.

Cheers,

Mark.