[c-nsp] ip debugging packet: tracking connections

Henry-Nicolas Tourneur hntourneur at autempspourmoi.be
Wed Jan 4 10:54:14 EST 2012

Hi dear,

For one of our customer I'v to track an IP session and check that the
traffic is flowing correctly throughout our network.

I need to check that traffic with src IP 1 and dst IP 2 is indeed passing
through the correct interfaces.

To accomplish this, I'v found the following paper:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk379/technologies_tech_note09186a0080
17874c.shtml

But this implies disabling CEF on our devices and it seems that we have to
disable CEF either on the input and the output interface.

With some hundreds of mbits going through those interface, I'm not really
wanting to see what the router will do with CEF disabled.

Therefore, my question is: do you know any other way to debug an IP session
based on src/dst ip address? Without impact too much the router perf J

Thanks for your help,

Henry-Nicolas Tourneur.